7.29.2009

six weeks

My June Bug is 6 whole weeks old today! She's really fit in to our family so well, and we all love having a new daughter/sister. Meghan's newest trick is her full face grins! She's been smiling at us since just over 3 weeks old, but I'm finally starting to be able to catch them on camera. These still aren't great shots, but here are a few of her showing off her newest talent.

Smiling at Mama in her arms

It's the sweetest thing when Meghan smiles at her big Sister and Brother!
***
She's also growing by leaps and bounds, and is quite the chunk. Here are her newborn and one month teddy pics side-by-side for comparison. She was 9 lbs 6 oz at birth, 9 lbs when we brought her home from the hospital, and 10 lbs 8 oz at her 2 week check up!! Chubby babies are the best. :)


















***
I don't know if it's that Meghan is our easiest baby yet, or if we're just comfortable as parents now, but I really can't complain about life with a newborn. She's sleeping pretty well and we've just started trying to get her on a schedule this week. Grammy Wilhite comes to visit us next week, and then school starts the week after that, so we'll be ready to get our routine down. All in all, at her best times and her worst times, we love having our little Meghan Clare around. She's a real joy to know and love - all 3 of my kiddos make my Mother's heart feel complete!

Sleeping the hours away... sweet dreams, my love.

5 comments:

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

i can't believe those two pictures! she looks like she's grown more than just a little under a pound! goes so fast!

E said...

How sweet! I'm so thankful that having a newborn is such a sweet blessing to you...it makes me wonder! Of course, moving wrecks my back so I can't imagine trying to carry a baby in this body right now! ;)

Congratulations to Moira on the Tooth Fairy! Yay!!! Tell her we're all very excited for her. I'm going to show Eben the blog pictures once we get Internet rolling in our house...so in a couple weeks. Boo.

Much love to you all! Have a wonderful visit with your mama!

The Wilhite Family said...

OMG, she's getting sooo big!! I can't believe I'm missing it! Can't wait to meet her! Love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

Those 2 pictures of Meghan with the teddy bear are adorable. I just love the difference between the two. :) Chunky babies are the cuddliest!!

DW Hobbs said...

Gosh I just can't wait to meet that baby girl!!

xoxo,
Dara